Saturday 14 July 2012

pieces of old sky

As my day started today in Alfama, Lisbon, and then I was brought to the memories of my first visits to Portugal thanks to an interesting talk with a friend, the most appropriate way to close this day is by a recording from Clean Feed, an impressive and creative jazz label from Lisbon. I discovered it during my first summer stay in Portugal in 2005 and ever since have been collecting its releases. This good night tune is delivered by Samuel Blases, a Swiss-born trombonist, from his album Pieces Of Old Sky. For more Samuel's albums click here. Good. Night. Boa. Noite.



Speaking of Alfama, if you happen to be there, make sure to pay a visit to Kebratolas (Beco do Quebra Costas nº 4, Alfama), where they make fantastic things, not only from vinyls

No comments:

Post a Comment