Monday 19 March 2012

waiting for the summer

Here's my tribal singing and prayers for summer or at least spring!
Please let it come before 2080! :)





See more shows on KEXP Radio here and read more on The KEXP blog.



I can’t sleep when I think about the times we’re living in,
I can’t sleep when I think about the future I was born into.
(...)

It’s a New Year,
I’m glad to be here
It’s a fresh spring,
So let’s sing.
(...)

If you find me I’ll be sitting by the water fountain,
picket signs, letdowns, meltdown, it’s Monday morning.
But it’s alright (...) cause in no time, they’ll be gone .
I guess I’ll still be standing here.

Yeah yeah we can all grab at the chance and be handsome farmers.
Yeah you can have twenty one sons and be blood when they marry my daughters.
And the pain that we left at the station will stay in a jar behind us.
We can pickle the pain into blue ribbon winners at county contests.

Yeasayer, 2080, All Hour Cymbals

No comments:

Post a Comment