Sunday 18 March 2012

lost in the city



Yesterday I got lost while wandering in Töölö, a district of Helsinki. Well, I was lost in my thoughts. It felt just as if I was thrown into some kind of tunnel and the spacetime was playing its tricks on me. And so I drifted away to realise only after a while that I was in a completely different part of the town that I had initially intended. But the city was strange yesterday, covered in thick fog like Dickens' London and yet I was brought to Brooklyn. Brooklyn Cafe located at the southern end of Fredrikinkatu. In this tiny and cosy place, a huge crowd was packed and my ears were enjoying stunning performances of Brenda and Sherry (the owners of the café), Catself and Rebecca Clamp who in her last song brought us all to Kallio. Just as if I was not confused enough by yesterday's spacetime ;) A wonderful evening. And a delicious chocolate muffin on the house at the end :)


"So here's a puzzle:
it can't be solved.
Here is a journey:
it'll take you way beyond the goal.
Here is a wood:
you could spend a life-time wandering
and never find
one good road!"
Rebecca Clamp, Kallio, Key To The City



No comments:

Post a Comment