Sunday 16 September 2012

always there to remind me

So the world’s first colour motion picture was filmed in 1902 as I found out today through Explore. I sincerely thank Edward Raymond Turner for the three-colour motion picture system and I suppose I'm not the only one. I run across many great visual discoveries during this weekend among them works of Imogen Prado which I am very happy to share. Blurred. Misty. Vapory. Wonderful. Enjoy.

"My style of editing, using an array of my own stock footage of anything from plastic glitter spiders to trains and roses, worked well visually with the song. I love playing with different mediums of footage, especially Super 8, because of the wonderful grain and the fantastic colors. It was easy to synthesize my visual aesthetic of swirling colors with footage I took of Sharin and Sune." 

Read more on The Raveonettes' new song and their co-operation with Imogen Prado here.



you are always there to remind me (...)
I'm the enemy

No comments:

Post a Comment