Sunday 17 June 2012

it was worth it

My beloved Summer Camp. Just unwrapped their Young EP from the Rough Trade package. There is a piece of review of the album on the price sticker:

One of the most enduring qualities of music lies in its ability to be transportative - the very best songs can take you, almost instantly, to a specific moment in time, or perhaps a particular location, even evoke a specific emotion.

Well, of course. This brings me back to the fascinating conversation I had yesterday on the effect music can have on the human brain. All that made me read more about the matter and more ... and even more... with all the fuzzy and cosy sounds of Summer Camp's EP around me (see the BBC review here). And then I was taken into yet another dimension thanks to this acoustic version of Was it worth it? I can say it's worth it! :)


The video was shot in Camden Town, where this weekend Amanda Palmer is working on a video with Tim Pope, as she announced on her Twitter. Let's stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment