Tuesday 24 April 2012

damas de blanco

So I skipped the Record Store Day yet I managed to get a Record Store Day release: the very white (well it's actually a bit creamy) vinyl version of Tegan and Sara's Get Along :). Sisters have never been much politically involved as these Damas de Blanco (although they have supported  PETA, Get Your Vote On and Warchild), but one must admit they definitely look good in white. It's a making-peace-with-yourself video. White video. Calming and peaceful. And so is the song. Even though it's sad I officially end the black spring of this year with it and put myself into summer mode (which means taking my white trousers out of the closet:)). Suddenly it all seems clear at this time of the year. Summer, I dare you to come!



Meet the director of video Angela Kendall.

Read more about Damas de Blanco (Ladies in White), an opposition movement in Cuba, and the Sakharov Prize the movement received in 2005.

I won't regret saying this thing that I'm saying
Is it better than keeping my mouth shut that goes without saying (...)

No comments:

Post a Comment